When gasoline retailers are faced with difficult legal or licensing problems, we’re there to help. LIGRA has worked to ensure fair pricing and franchise practices are available to all our members. We also offer many perks to members, like access to high-power lawyers, educational seminars, and field representatives who are available to help you. We even offer options for comprehensive health insurance plans.
* Legal advice and/or consultation regarding any proposed of existing marketing agreement, lease or other agreement governing the relationship between the Association Member and his/her supplier.
LIGRA Provides Unparalleled Legal Benefits
We retain a law firm to help you with legalities related to business ownership and operation.
To put it simply, we have a law firm on hand to address any business law concerns you may have.
* Legal advice and/or consultation regarding any proposed or existing agreement governing the relationship between the Association Member and his/her landlord, if that person or Corporation be different from his/her supplier, when same applies to a gasoline station, a service station or a repair shop.
* Legal advice and/or consultation for actions that arise out of the agreement and/or lease that is discussed under “a” or “b” above.
* Legal advice and/or consultation to defend any Association Member, in any action, to cancel, revise or terminate agreements or leases, as are discussed under “a” or “b” above.
* Legal advice, consultation and/or representation at hearings before any Licensing Authority and/or Consumer Agency with respect to any matter or action that arises out of the ownership and/or operation of the Association Member gasoline station,
service station or repair shop. (This provision shall not apply to a hearing before the Internal Revenue Service, the State Tax Department or Commission or the State Department of Labor and the National Labor Relations Board.)
* We help you with legal advice, consultation and/or representation in matters that arise from County, City, Town or Village Ordinances. (This provision shall not apply to applications for a variance, zoning change or for any matter that carries with
it a criminal penalty.)
* We help you with legal advice and/or consultation with respect to appeals from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) decision.
* Legal advice and/or consultation in those matters where an Association Member is named as a defendant, in Small Claims Court, as long as the action against the Association Member is not criminal in nature. This advice and/or consultation are to include actions brought by a landlord, a supplier-franchisor or a customer.
* Legal advice and/or consultation regarding any matter relating to labor arising from the ownership and/or operation of a gasoline station, a service station or repair shop.
Important notes about our legal plan
* Pre-existing conditions are excluded from our legal plan.
* Date of repair of event determines eligibility.
* A travel fee of $35.00 will be charged whenever the attorney is required to attend a hearing, conference, or meeting outside the attorney’s office.
* Members will be charged additional fees for second and subsequent hearings, conferences or meetings occurring within a one year period.
We’re redefining what it means to support small business owners.
You’ll be eligible to participate in our legal plan once you’re a LIGRA member for a minimum of one year. If you need access sooner you can pay one year’s dues upfront and become eligible instantly. LIGRA’s law firm Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana LLP, can help you with legal issues related to business ownership and operation. You must join LIGRA and get a case number before you can speak with our attorney, Andrea Tsoukalas, but you can check out Forchelli Law by clicking here.
LIGRA Legal Representative Spotlight
Andrea Tsoukalas (New York Law School, 2000, cum laude); joined the firm in January of 2005 and became Partner in 2011, She concentrates her practice in zoning, land use, environmental and municipal law matters. Ms. Tsoukalas represents a wide variety of clients including national corporate chains, local developers and small business owners in the development of commercial and residential properties.