Vehicle Safety Week
In our ongoing effort to promote traffic safety, as well as increase awareness of recall information available on safercar.gov, (https://www.safercar.gov)Governor Cuomo has designated May 22 through May 29 as “Vehicle Safety Week”. A copy of the proclamation is available here.
Vehicle Safety Week (VSW) will consist of the following elements:
- DMV will issue a press release announcing VSW. The press release will include a link to the Governor’s Proclamation.
- DMV produced a 30 second YouTube videothat encourages motorists to visit govand check for recall information. The video is also available on our social media channels.
- NYS DOT and Thruway Authority are providing a link to gov, (https://www.safercar.gov) on their websites.
- A “slider” has been posted to the DMV homepage promoting VSW and providing a link to the Governor’s Proclamation. The slider will run throughout the course of VSW.
- DMV will insert a link to gov on all press releases having to do with vehicle safety.
- A banner promoting gov will be displayed on DMV marketing booths at future events, e.g., NY Auto Show, State Fair, etc.
- DMV will broadcast an email message to all vehicle registrants in our electronic notice database promoting VSW and gov.
- DMV will broadcast a message over the inspection station system (NYVIP) announcing VSW to all certified inspectors.
- All future registration renewal invitations sent via USPS will be sent in envelopes with “Safe Cars Save Lives. Check govfor vehicle recall information” message on the exterior.
- A video promoting govwill run over the video monitors in our district offices.
VSW is designed to increase awareness among the motoring public about the importance of maintaining a properly functioning vehicle and the direct link to personal/family safety. We anticipate that the VSW initiative will be an annual event that we, working with your members, will use to remind motorists of the importance of properly maintaining their vehicles and checking for recall information.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
6 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228